District 6 has experienced multiple pedestrian and bike deaths just in the last few years. This has become a city-wide epidemic that requires real changes to our infrastructure.
- Expand my Northwest Austin Coalition's innovative citizen-led corridor study process that can save taxpayers millions of dollars and help deliver road and bus improvements faster, at a lower cost, and with more citizen engagement
- Expand Safe Routes to Schools to include routes to bus stops, libraries, parks, and retail
- Focus sidewalk and crosswalk development along the busiest corridors, not forcibly building expensive sidewalks on every neighborhood street
- Ensure corridor development includes steps to reduce high-speed neighborhood cut-through traffic which endangers our children in their own front yards
- Fully oppose my opponents proposed highway through the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve that would turn Spicewood Springs Road into a highway, increase the risk of wildfires, and do nothing to address actual traffic
Do you like this post?