Flooding and watershed preservation is a major concern in Austin, exacerbated by the increase in extreme weather events caused by climate change. District 6 also faces a heightened risk of wildfires compared to most areas of the city due to our proximity to open lands. We cannot wait for the next disaster before we start implementing solutions to reduce risk and mitigate the extent of damage.
- Work with neighborhoods and community leaders to implement FireWise procedures to mitigate wildfire risk and reduce potential damage
- Implement flooding solutions to address critical issues in Angus Valley as well as work with Williamson County flooding to ensure unincorporated areas are providing sufficient flooding prevention measures up-stream
- Reject my opponent's condescending remarks in denying climate change
- Read more at hatenough.com/post/smarter-than-fifth-grader
- Fully oppose my opponent's proposed highway through the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve that would turn Spicewood Springs Road into a highway, increase the risk of wildfires, and do nothing to address actual traffic
- Read more at hatenough.com/post/fire-break-or-fire-make